Back

Kościół św. Jakuba Więcławice Stare

The church of St. James the Apostle in Więcławice

The church of St. James the Apostle in Więcławice
Uwagi nt. dostępności: The church of St. James the Apostle in Więcławice -
Więcławice Stare 20, 32-091 Michałowice Tourist subregion: Krakowski
tel. +48 123885057
http://drewniana.malopolska.pl
Facilities at cultural sites: Photographing allowed
Type of historical sites: Religious sites
The church of St. James the Apostle in Więcławice dates back to 1340. The most recentreconstruction was performed in the 18th century and in 1757 the church was consecrated. It is a single-nave baroque structure. The interior holds three rococo altarpieces (1700s), the main one featuring an image of the patron of the parish St. James the Apostle. Other interesting items include a Gothic triptych of St. Nicolas (1477), painted on boards; a sculpture of the Virgin Mary with the Child (around 1410); as well as Gothic, baroque and rococo chasubles and other precious liturgical items. A wooden pillar-framework belfry stands next to the church (1846). Sites worth seeing! In near-by Raciborowice you can visit a Gothic church financed by Jan Długosz foundation. His Wieniawa coat of arms is located above the entrance.
Play Play