Back

Budynek Starostwa Powiatowego Bochnia

Building of the County Starost Office

Building of the County Starost Office
Kazimierza Wielkiego 31, 32-700 Bochnia Tourist subregion: Tarnowski
tel. +48 146153700
fax. +48 146153708
tel. +48 146153703
http://www.powiat.bochnia.pl
Facilities at cultural sites: Filming permitted, Photographing allowed
Type of historical sites: Ratusz
Building of the County Starost Office
The former building of the County Council was built in 1893 according to the design by architect Władysław Ekielski, on the initiative of the President of the Council Zdzisław Włodek. This fact is commemorated by a marble plaque in the lobby. In the years 1906-1907, a western wing was added according to the design by architect Józef Pokutyński. In the 1960s and 1970s, a storey was partly overbuilt on the main building, and the whole premises were enlarged with a northern wing. Until 1975, the building fulfilled administrative functions of the Bochnia County. Until 1990, it was the seat of the District Office. Today, the County Starost Office is located here.
Play Play