Budynek Stara Plebania Grybów
The presbytery building in Grybów
Uwagi nt. dostępności: The presbytery building in Grybów -
Kościelna 3, 33-300 Grybów Tourist subregion: Beskidzki
tel. +48 185483560
Facilities at cultural sites: Photographing allowed
Was built in 1699 next to the wooden church of St. Bernadine (the church dates from 1455 but burnt down during military operations in January 1945).
In the first half of the C19th the building was transformed in the classical style. Currently it houses a diocese museum of religious art. The presbytery is a one-storey rectangular building. In front of the entrance is a porch supported by columns. The museum exhibits gothic paintings from the church of St. Bernadine, orthodox icons and relicts of folk art. The most precious include: a gothic painting of St. Sofia with her daughters from 1460 and a late-gothic painting of the Holy Family from 1500.