Back

Gosprzydowa, St. Ursula’s Church

Gosprzydowa, St. Ursula’s Church

It’s hard to deny the charm of the larch log church in Gosprzydowa. Dating from the end of the 17th century, it is one of the few examples of wooden Baroque churches. It is covered by a high, shingle-covered roof. Take some time to visit to step inside and see the 19th century polychrome (and a 20th century one in the chapel). The mainly Baroque furnishings include a Gothic, stone baptismal font (15th century), while the main altar features a marvellous image of the Virgin Mary with Infant Jesus, locally known as the Comforter of the Dying.

St. Ursula’s Church, Gosprzydowa, phone: +48 14 664 8202; opening hours: May–Sept, Thu 12pm–4pm, Fri 12pm–4pm, Sat 10am–2pm.

Other local attractions
Church in Chronów from 1685 located on the Wooden Architecture Route; interior decorated with a polychrome from 1930.
Biesiadki –
a church from 1661 located on the Wooden Architecture Route and wooden buildings in the village from the interwar period
Nowy Wiśnicz – a castle of the Kmita and Lubomirski magnate families, built as a pallazzo In fortezza, and the Koryznówka manor house with Jan Matejko’s biographical museum

Play Play