Back

Parish Cemetery, grave of Józef Tischner - Łopuszna

Parish Cemetery, grave of Józef Tischner - Łopuszna

The village of Łopuszna is situated at the foot of the southern slopes of Gorce, in the Nowy Targ district. The main attraction of the village is the 15th-century wooden Holy Trinity and St. Anthony the Abbot’s Church, which is located on the Wooden Architecture Route of the Małopolskie Region. Here, there is also the manor of the Tetmajer family from ca. 1790 (rebuilt in the late 19th century), where the branch of the Tatra Museum is located. The history of the outstanding person – Rev. Józef Tischner – is related with Łopuszna and Gorce. After graduating from the theological studies at the Jagiellonian University and from the theological seminary in Krakow, he was ordained in 1955. He continued his education at the Faculty of Christian Philosophy of the Academy of Catholic Theology in Warsaw and at the Faculty of Philosophy and History of the Jagiellonian University in Krakow. He was chaplain of the Podhale Inhabitants Association, for which he organised holy masses in a chapel at the summit of Turbacz. Solid philosophical education allowed Tischner to build his own, interesting views, which he presented in many books. Józef Tischner died in Krakow in 2000. His grave with the interesting stone tomb resembling Gorce is situated in the parish cemetery in Łopuszna.

Multimedia

Play Play