Back

St. Jacob Church in Powroźnik

St. Jacob Church in Powroźnik

St. Jacob Church in Powroźnik The oldest Orthodox church in the Polish Carpathians, coming from 1600, is the St. Jacob Church in Powroźnik. Inside the temple, the historic furnishings from the 18th century have been preserved, including a beautiful iconostasis, Baroque side altar and many valuable icons. The walls of the church are covered with valuable figural polychrome from 1607. Currently, the church is the Roman Catholic church. In 2013, the church was honoured by being inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List.
Play Play