Back

Kwiatoń, Orthodox Church of St. Paraskewia

Kwiatoń, Orthodox Church of St. Paraskewia

It is one of the most beautiful Orthodox churches in Poland (presently a Roman Catholic church) and a quintessential example of the Lemko style (see p. XXX). It was built probably in the second half of the 17th century, while the tower is a little younger (18th century). The body consists of 3 distinctive elements and rises up gradually: from the lowest chancel, through the higher nave up to the dominating, lofty tower. Each element is covered by a roof with a characteristic onion dome. The roofs and walls are shingled. The interior still holds rich furnishings from the 18th and 19th centuries. The polychrome and wall paintings imitating marble columns and cornices add charm to the interior.

Orthodox Church of St. Paraskewia, Uście Gorlickie 88, phone: +48 18 353 0720; opening hours: May–Sep, Fri 12pm–4pm, Sat 10am–2pm, Sun 12pm–4pm.

Other local attractions
Orthodox church on Skwirtne from 1837 located on the Wooden Architecture Route and one of the most beautiful west Lemko Orthodox churches

 

Play Play